The internet is an exciting and fun place for adults and children to use and explore educationally and socially. The challenge for us as parents, carers and teachers is to make sure our children are aware and understand how to be safe when using the internet and related technologies.
Government guidance on keeping children safe online
- – Here you will find Online Safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet. www.saferinternet.org.uk
- – An organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and the safe and positive use of the internet are addressed. www.childnet.com
- – The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has set up its own website which has been designed and written specifically for children, young people, teachers, parents and carers. www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- – Specific help on how to set up internet controls at home. Guidance and articles for parents about keeping children safe online. www.internetmatters.org
- – A website designed to strengthen awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is. It encourages users of technology to be and become responsible digital citizens. www.digizen.org
- Parent Info Offical Website Parent Info provides high quality information to parents and carers about their children’s wellbeing and resilience. Schools can host the content on their own website and use it in any other ways (in letters to parents etc) that they want.